THE BIG YOGI BEAR
My little BooBoo Bear is soooo cute, I must say I loved this outfit on him. He was soo cuddly.
My little BooBoo Bear is soooo cute, I must say I loved this outfit on him. He was soo cuddly.
The parade has not even started and Brady is sleeping away. But Cody, he was ready for all the BIG things that were coming!!!

Dawn, Cody and Ken at the Parade. Just check out Cody's expression as he sees something like a BIG Tractor in the parade! Loved the parade. Brady slept all the way through it, even after the firetrucks blew their horns and sirens!

Well our life is not slowing down at this time. We are truly enjoying our summer. It is now July! I can hardly believe it. Brady is 3 months old and Cody is 23 months old today (the 10th). Think about it I am back to work full time, I have 2 very active boys and a husband who has been with me for 10 years in marriage (13 years total!) I am very amazed at how my life is turning out. Not to mention, we have lived in Eaton Rapids now for 4 years. What a wonderful and joyfilled family we have.
Everything in Cody's world these days is BIG! There was the BIG Moo (see previous entry for description). There was the BIG Bear (at Jellystone Campground in Indian River,MI). That Yogi bear statue was something we never thought would create such a memory in his life. We arrived on a Wed. and the park was not very full. So we explored and enjoyed going to see the BIG Bear. Then Thursday morning rolled around and in the morning Yogi comes out for the flag raising and wagon ride..... Well, off we went to see BIG bear.... when to our amazement.... a walking BIGGER than life Yogi Bear came towards us. Cody turned around and started trembling and clung to daddy. He really was not too sure of what to make of Yogi. Luckily we were the only people around, then a few other children came along and it seemed to help. We took pictures (of course). Then we went on the wagon ride, which was pulled by... nonetheless a BIG tractor. Cody was still in shock in seeing Yogi Bear. I think at this point he preferred the BIG statue of him better. Then all day all he could talk about was the Yogi Bear and the BIG pool where we went swimming in. By the way it is shaped like Michigan which I thought was cool and Cody loved swimming with mom. The next day same events in the morning.... as soon as Cody was awake he said "see BIG Bear" and off we went to see the BIG Bear, and here comes Yogi. Cody was ready and was starting to warm up to the friendly bear, who was in true character... for those of us who actually remember the cartoon. Yogi would take our hats or play on the wagon and try and take our picnic foods (well sort of if you know what I mean). He tried to get us in trouble on the wagon by standing when he was supposed to sit etc. This time Cody was more interested in a little girl who he then followed throughout the campground later that day. He started to like Yogi even more too. Then on Sat. the morning came and off Dad and Cody went to see yes, the BIG bear again. Brady and I stayed back to finish getting ready etc. This time not only was Yogi there, but his little friend BooBoo came along. This time Cody was really into it and since then he will tell you all about the BIG Bear and BooBoo too.
Ok, the next BIG thing in our world of Eaton Rapids, is the Quality Dairy(QD) BIG Cone. It is a BIG ice cream cone on the back of a little truck and it is parked in the parking lot at QD. Everyday we drive by it and what does Cody say? BIG CONE, BIG CONE. He will say it as long as he sees it, and now when we get somewhat close or driving somewhere, that is all he wants to see is the BIG CONE. There is the BIG slide at the parks we go to. There is the BIG pools we see in people's yards. Then there are the BIG TRUCKS that we see as we drive places. They can be as simple as a BIG F150 or other Pickup truck to a DUMP Truck or Semi truck. He is really into Trucks, Tractors, and construction machines, and Lawn movers or anything that makes a sound, like a Motorcycle. I must say, he is all boy and loves every minute of it!!! So as you can see from my photos, I have included some of the BIG things in our world these days.
As far a Brady goes... Well he is 3 months old and we are proud of his progress. He is enjoying the fun things we are doing as a family. In most of the pictures he is sleeping through the event, but that is ok too at least he is there with us.
I did start back to work and things are moving along. I am enjoying my job, and motherhood all at the same time. Well, I guess I need to load more pictures and then off to dream land before I have been awaken to feed my little prince Brady..... Hope all find blessings in the days ahead.








2 comments:
Dawn and Ken,
Too funny about Cody's newly found word. When my son was his age, everything was 'ouch'...LOL...because he had gotten his fingers slammed in a door.
Love the photos and the BIG ice cream cone.
I can't believe you've been in Eaton Rapids almost 4 years already. Sure doesn't seem like that much time has passed.
Looking forward to your next post.
Hi Dawn,
Glad things are going well with all of you. I love the ice cream cone.
Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment