About Me

My photo
Here is a glimpse of what I do and love... my family and social networks. I have been a social worker for 17 years. I love scrapbooking, camping, being creative and most of all my life as a mom.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Friends...

My little pumpkin kidRiding on the fire truck that Grandpa Carl was driving... at Wiards Apple Ochard

Checking out the fire truck at day care

all the little riders ....

we like playing with each other's faces... Brady and Zackary are 3 months apart...

Our first trip as a family to the Selfridge Military Base Museum... Ken and Cody in front of a jet.

Ken wearing the pilot's helmet, something he wished he could have done while in the Air Force back in the day....
Maybe we have a future pilot in our midst....

Grandpa Andy and Grandma Shirley , Ken & Cody & Brady ....
Ok, Elisa, you beat me to the cutest pictures of our sons playing together... So here are a few I took. This weekend I spent with friends. It was a great surprise for Nan who by the way turns 40 here in a few weeks, that I came in and surprised her with my presence. It was alot of fun to see my close friends from Dearborn. We spent the day on Saturday just hanging out and enjoying the restaurant "On the border" which was awesome, I must say.... Anyways, I really had a wonderful time and it was great to let Brady and Zackary play together afterwards. I took a little video of our 2 little Bumbo Buddies... and it is funny to watch them play together.

Friday night, Brady and I spent time with Aunt Brenda, Great Grandma Jackman and our cousin Allison. Allison made us a great dinner and we played and hung out for a relaxing evening. I enjoyed spending time with them as we do not get to see them that much any more.

While I was away, Ken took Cody and they went to the local fire department for their Fire safety fun day. Cody got to "drive" a police car, and hose down something from the fire truck, and the ambulance had to go on a "911" call during the event and the sirens were very loud... All this is what Cody remembers and was impressed by. I guess I should have sent the camera with them. It was Fire safety week at school and they had a historical fire truck from the VFW National Home for Children (where I work) come and give all the day care children a ride. Cody and I got to sit up front and ring the bell as we drove around campus. Cody was more impressed when he got to ride in the back after dropping mom off at her office... oh well, at least we had fun. I forgot to mention, our last weekend how we went and rode another fire truck that Grandpa Carl drove in the Apple orchard. That was lots of fun too. SO that started our fire safety week (a week ago).

Then on Sunday we all went to grandpa Andy and Grandma Shirley's house since we had not seen them in a while. We had lunch and then went over the Selfridge Military Museum. Grandpa Andy volunteers there to help get the lawn mowers working and get things to run again or at least look good. They are building a Spat plane and Andy is helping out with the plans and making parts for it. We got to see all the planes and helicopers at the museum. This was Cody's first time seeing planes up close. At first I dont think he knew what it was all about, but once he got to go up into the big planes and sit in the cockpit... he was hooked. Inside the building was a mock F-16 cockpit and you could climb into it, well, Cody was not too sure about it, and really a little scared, especially when daddy put on the helmet and face mask/breathing thing... Cody said "No daddy" and wanted him to take it off. Then we went outside to see the planes. We got to tour a couple of the big cargo and spy planes. While in the cockpit there, Cody was so excited and wanted to put the helmet on and fly the plane! Now, that is what he talks about!!! We got many great pictures. Brady even enjoyed playing with Grandma while we did our thing with Cody. We bought Cody a t-shirt and when he wore it today, he talked about how we went to the museum and he flew the planes!

So enjoy the photos and videos. Have a great week and I will say, I am thankful for those who take the time to read our stories.... you know who you are! for it makes my day knowing that you care.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Actually Nan gets credit for the picture of the boys on my blog, she took that one. I LOVED the video, it was so much fun to watch. Thanks for posting it.