




Happy 14th month old Brady! The things you are doing truly amaze me everyday! Here are a few highlights:
* Eating: More solids and wanting to self feed most of the time, and I try to let you as long as it is bath night! You are liking fresh fruits, strawberries, watermelon, bananas, and the teething biscuits. I am making your food, in the blender or food grinder and then freezing the extras for a later time. I make mostly vegetables and fruit smoothies. I make sure you get some prunes and various fiber kinds of things to help with your constipation. You are loving whole milk and always seem to want more, yet even after a full bottle you have trouble keeping it down. I have been introducing some meats like chicken and hamburger and rice. My next challenge will be to get you drinking from a cup. We will start working on that this summer. You have taken a few drinks from my cup and then try to grab the cup for more, so you might be ready for that too. Don't forget you like to pick and eat the grass which I know can not be good for you.
* Mobility: You prefer to be moving at all times, including crawling backwards, rolling and some forward moments. You reach up to be picked up and this makes my day or moment. You also like to swing and again have some type of movement which brings a smile to your face and a giggle or two. I have to keep the stroller handy because you are getting harder to hold. I hope to start using the backpack so you can be moving with me. You are sitting up by yourself! You have hit your head or face because your muscle tone is not strong enough to keep you up. SO I come to your rescue and give you comfort. Cody is even getting to know your particular cries of hurt, need or being upset at him for doing something to you.
* Socially: You wake up smiling everyday! This is definitely a highlight of the morning. I hear you blowing raspberries and playing with your mirror and rolling around, I look over to you and say "good morning" and you smile so big and respond as if to say "wake up mom and time to get up". I love that. Well, in public, most people say you have beautiful blue eyes and a great grin (I say that about you all the time!). I think you brighten the room when people enter. You will say in your way, that you are not happy about things, such as taking your medicine when all you want is your milk. Or when it is time for a breathing treatment or when I leave the room. Other than that, you are babbling and taking life all in. You are starting to put your hands up more when you want to be picked up. You are a cuddler and I appreciate that. You like to pull or play with my hair as a comfort (especially at nap or bed time). Your brother still does that and I guess I should not complain, I do like having my hair stroked as a comfort to me. You are patient and will voice when you need something different or a change in scenery.
Well, what else is there to say except you are loved! We are having so much time together and doing fun things now that I am home. I hope to keep things interesting and learning new things. Keep going and doing as well as you have so far. I know you are not one to give in easily. Your determination is incredible. Keep crawling and getting stronger, as you sometimes are starting to pull your self up.
I look forward to this summer and exploring new things. Keep smiling and helping me to be a patient mom and more loving. I love you Brady! Love always, Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment