Here is Katie the speaker! She did an awesome job!

Heather and Brady, I think she took the photo herself, as you can see in her glasses!






We had a wonderful day for the 7th Annual Capital Area Down Syndrome Association's Buddy Walk. The weather was perfect, we had more than 300 people present, and we raised over $12,000!!! YIPEEEEEEEEI want to thank all who donated, prayed and came out to support us in one way or another. I have many pictures thanks to Heather who took many of our photos! BooBooBearBRADY' Team was decked out in our patriotic RED, WHITE & BLUE! We had close to 20 people walking for Brady. That was awesome. We had a speaker tell us about her struggles and successes as a person with Down syndrome, which made many search for the tissues! She was very inspirational and encouraged those with Down syndrome to say "I can, I can, I can." How awesome. She is 21 yr old and attending Lansing Community College! Way to Go.
Cody loved the bounce house, slide, and Franky the Fox. Before the event with the planning and everything, Cody over heard a conversation about the walk. We were trying to get "Sparty" from Michigan State University the mascot. However, due to there being a football game, he could not come. So we were able to get Franky the Fox from Hope Network to come. Cody thought that it would be cool to give Franky a birthday present at the Buddy Walk (he tought the walk was a birthday party!) Cody wanted to give Franky one of his favorite Woody doll toys. Too cute! He is still talking about how Franky was there and how big he was.
Brady enjoyed the balloons and Scutterbotch the Clown! He fell asleep for the first part of the walk, but then woke up and enjoyed watching everyone around him. He even got to play on the drums that were there from the Music Therapy class that he and Cody go to every other week. Brady is wanting to stand more and more and even starting to take some baby steps, when assisted!!! He will be walking sooon I am sure. Even the PT, Jann was there to support him for the walk along with her co-worker Sherry, her daughter, and friend! How awesome was that! Our nephews really enjoyed all the festivities like Jeff the Magician, Moon walk, and bubbles and the whole day too! My sister won an auction item as did my sister in law Amy from the raffle.
So here are some great photos and we are already planning next year's Buddy Walk!
So here are some great pictures.













1 comment:
I'm so glad it went well! We were thinking about you!
Post a Comment